As employee you have 2 accounts:
- ScienceAccount: Faculty of Science account to login to science machine and for you Science Email.
- U-Account: Radboud University's account for several central university services. The U-account is also called RU-account.
External phds/employees/contacts (without ru salary) can register for a so called E-account at the central personal department.
Which login for which services?
- With the faculty Science login you can use:
- The Do It Yourself website to change your password and other settings of your Science account.
- Science network disc space.
- Linux login-servers.
- Mail: Science mail. The corresponding email address ends in science.ru.nl, for example: J.Smith@student.science.ru.nl. Extra email addresses of the form John.Smith@student.science.ru.nl can be requested. Faculty mailings will use this address. It is possible, if needed, to automatically forward this mail to a different email address through the Do It Yourself website.
- VPN (network access from home): the Science VPN service.
- Wi-fi: the Eduroam wireless networks with username email@example.com.
- Printers: the few C&CZ-managed accounted printers.
- With the RU login, you get access to some 100 RU applications, the most important ones are:
- Printers: all Peage printers.
- The RU Portal.
- The RU brightspace electronic learning environment.
- The RU application for employees to choose their flexible conditions of employment.
- The RU mailservice, with @ru.nl and/or @student.ru.nl email (RU Exchange Outlook Web App email) The corresponding email address is John.Smith@ru.nl or J.Smith@student.ru.nl. University mailings will use this address. If you do not want to read your mail on this mail server, then have it automatically forwarded to a different email address. See the RU Mail manual on how to do this.
- Wi-fi: the Eduroam wireless networks with username Ufirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Software: SURFspot, for relatively cheap software, often also for home use.
- RU Intranet: RadboudNet.
- BASS, the RU financial/logistic system (BASS-FinLog) and personnel system (BASS-HRM).